Apply to Beacon Building Products
Take the next step in your trucking career today! Complete our safe, secure, and fast application process and apply to Beacon Building Products! Once you've completed your driver profile you can apply to additional truck driving jobs with a single click!Apply Now!
About This Job at Beacon Building Products
Beacon Building Products is hiring CDL A or B Local Flatbed Drivers in Kaukauna, WI. The driver will deliver building materials to our customers in a safe and efficient manner.
Beacon Building Products, is the largest publicly traded distributor of commercial and residential roofing materials and complementary building products. Our private fleet of >2,000 professional drivers deliver roofing, windows, decking, insulation, specialty lumber, waterproofing, and air barrier systems to contractors across the U.S. and Canada.
We are invested in you! Be part of a company that recognizes your talents, rewards your efforts, and helps you reach your full potential. If you are safety conscious and customer-focused with a clean driving record, we encourage you to apply to join our team today!
- Competitive hourly wages with a minimum of 40 hours a week
- Paid overtime at time and a half
- Breakdown pay: Your hourly rate if on the road and towed
- Driver Referral Bonus: Up to $1,000 per driver hired; eligible after the hired referral is employed for 3 months
- Sign-on Bonus: $2,500 (Paid out at 60/90/120 days)
- Paid every week via direct deposit
Benefits & Perks
- Excellent benefits beginning on the 1st of the month following the completion of your first 120 hours worked:
- Medical, Prescription Drug, Dental, and Vision coverage
- Wellness benefits
- EAP program
- Company paid life insurance
- Long-term and short-term disability insurance
- 401K with 3% company match. Fully vested after 3 years
- Healthcare and dependent care flexible spending accounts
- 8 Paid Company Holidays
- 3 Floating Holidays
- 3 weeks of Paid Time Off per year beginning to accrue on day 1!
- Paid Orientation at your hourly rate
- Steel toe boots provided through our voucher program or if you buy your own, we will reimburse you $150 a year
- Company attire including t-shirts and hats
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home time: Home daily
- Schedule: Monday - Friday, no nights or weekends; volunteer opportunities available for urgent Saturday deliveries.
- Shift: Day shift with start time of 6:30 am with a 8-12 hour shift
- Route: Deliveries within 100 miles of Kaukauna, WI
- Level of Touch: Minimum Touch
- Loads must be strapped down
- Driver may be asked to support with sit-down forklift
- Flatbed and knuckle boom
- Mixture of Automatic and Manaul
- Governed at 70 MPH on the pedal
- Rear facing event triggered camera (Mixed)
- Electronic logbook
- Driver must always put safety first and always wear appropriate PPE
- Pre-inspect truck, load with materials and verify load for accuracy
- Set up job perimeters, inspect site to ensure a safe environment to unload
- Communicate regularly with dispatcher to ensure timely product delivery at job site
- Communicate potential on-site hazards to branch management
- Keep logbook up-to-date at all times
- Adhere to and understand safety policies and regulations
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have CDL A or B license in good standing.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior and verifiable experience driving a commercial motor vehicle
- Additional highly preferred experience:
- Handling building materials
- Forklift experience
- Additional highly preferred experience:
- Hazmat Endorsement a plus but not required
- Ability to lift 75 lbs. as necessary
- No convictions or any offenses involving DUI, DWI, careless or reckless driving, or suspensions / revocations within the past 10 years.
- No more than 1 moving violations within the past 36 months
- No more than 1 preventable accidents in the last 36 months
- Criminal background check required
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements and be knowledgeable of DOT regulations
- Must be able to pass a required DOT physical and drug screen
- Must be comfortable working outdoors in all weather conditions
- Should prefer working in a team environment but be comfortable working on independent tasks
- Hiring Radius: Drivers must live within 40 miles of Kaukauna, WI or be willing to relocate for this position
Beacon Building Products is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics..
This job search is being conducted by Drive My Way (www.drivemyway.com) on behalf of Company.
Driver Types Hired
- Company Driver
Equipment Types Hired
- Dry Van
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
- Class B
Expediting Experience Required?No, we do not require that applicants have expediting experience.
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||No|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||No|
More Driving Jobs at Beacon Building Products
CDL A Local Flatbed Driver in West Bridgewater, MA
Beacon Building Products is hiring CDL A Local Flatbed Driver's in West Bridgewater, MA. The...
CDL A Local Flatbed Driver in Ashland, VA
Beacon Building Products is hiring CDL A Local Flatbed Driver's in Ashland, VA. The driver wi...
CDL A Local Side Curtain Flatbed Driver in Kearney, NE
Beacon Building Products is hiring CDL A Local Side Curtain Flatbed Drivers in Kearney, NE for our...
CDL A or B Local Flatbed Driver in Topeka, KS
Beacon Building Products is hiring CDL A or B Local Flatbed Drivers in Topeka, KS. The driver will...