About This Job at Schwend, Inc.
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers around select AL, GA & TN Cities: Chattanooga, TN; Atlanta, GA; Waco, GA; Guntersville, AL; Tuscumbia, AL; Sherwood, TN. The driver will be hauling feed ingredients - Feed loads are hauled out of AL, GA & TN then the driver delivers the product wherever the customer needs within the continental US; we have dedicated customers that we haul for year-round! Schwend takes pride in being a family owned and operated company that was founded in 1976. Over the last 46 years we have built a strong customer base in the Southeast, hauling many types of agricultural products and now have a total of 4 terminals. Due to our continued growth, we are actively searching for professional, reliable, drivers to join our family!
- Average gross weekly pay: $1,300 - $1,800
- Varies based on number of loads per week
- Drivers are paid a gross % of each load
- Starts at 20% of the gross, moves to 21% at the end of your first year and moves to 22% at the end of your second year
- While we do not pay CPM, we do guarantee that your rate per mile will not drop below 60 CPM on all dispatched miles (loaded and empty)
- Pneumatic Drivers are paid $1.50 per ton for every ton of product blown off
- Sign-on Bonus: $5,000 paid in $100 increments per week over the course of a year
- Driver Referral Program: Up to $2,500
- Quarterly Fuel Bonus & Safety Bonus
- Additional Pay:
- Nightly Per Diem: $20/per night spent in truck
- Goes directly to your paycheck and is not taxed
- Additional Weekend Per Diem: $75 flat
- Detention & Layover Pay (differs per custom)
- Nightly Per Diem: $20/per night spent in truck
- Paid via direct deposit weekly
Benefits & Perks:
- Great company benefits starting after 60 days of employment:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Dental & Vision
- Short-term & Life Insurance
- Sick Pay: 6 days per year
- Holiday Pay: 6 days per year
- Available after 1-year probationary period:
- Simple IRA retirement plan with company match up to 3% of your salary
- 1 year employed = 1 week
- 2 years employed = 2 weeks
- 4 years employed = 2 weeks + 1 week longevity pay
- 5 years worked = 2 weeks + 2 weeks longevity pay
- Paid orientation & training
- Perks: free uniforms after first 60 days
- Rider program: Dogs (20lbs or less) (defer to recruiter if pets’ weight does not compile)
- Take your truck home program
- Must have a safe, off-road location to store truck & trailer to qualify
Home Time, Route & Schedule:
- Home Time: Home weekends & home occasionally during the week depending on location!
- Schedule: Monday through Friday.
- Some weeks you may not get home at all during the week, other weeks you may get home 3 nights during the week
- Route: Feed loads are hauled out of AL, GA & TN then delivered to wherever the customer needs
- Runs will primarily be throughout
- We have dedicated customers that we haul for year-round!
- Level of Touch: this position is unique in that drivers will be hands on but will never directly touch the freight; no bumping docks. Drivers will open and close the top lids. They will also hook up hose to the silo, drop in the pit of water, or into a pit in the ground; you would then use air pressure to blow the product off the trailer. You will need to be able to lift up to 75lbs.
- New & Late Model Volvo's & Kenworth's
- Trailers: Stephens & Heil - 1,000 cube and up
- Unsurpassed by any other company in quality and dependability
- All Automatic: Mattresses, APUs and Inverters
- Governed speed: 69 on cruise
- Safe Driving Program: After 1-year of no moving violations we bump cruise up to 70mph and after 2-years of no moving violations we bump up to 72mph
- Slip Seating: No
- No driver facing cameras
This job search is being conducted by Drive My Way (www.drivemyway.com) on behalf of Company.
Driver Types Hired
- Company Driver
Equipment Types Hired
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
Expediting Experience Required?No, we do not require that applicants have expediting experience.
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||No|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||No|
More Driving Jobs at Schwend, Inc.
CDL A Regional Pneumatic Tank Driver in North Charleston, SC
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A Regional Pneumatic Tanker Drivers around North Charleston, SC. Drivers...
CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Marble Hill, GA
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Marble Hill, GA. The driver will be haul...
CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Cincinnati, OH
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Cincinnati, OH. The driver will be hauli...
CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Dunnellon, FL
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A OTR Pneumatic Tank Drivers in Dunnellon, FL. The driver will be haulin...
CDL A Regional Pneumatic Drivers from Macon & Savannah, GA
Schwend, Inc. is hiring CDL A Regional Pneumatic Tanker Drivers from Macon & Savannah, GA. Drive...