About This Job at Clean Harbors
As a Clean Harbors professional driver, you will be responsible for picking up hazardous and non-hazardous waste from our customer sites utilizing a 53’ Dry Van, safely delivering them to a designated disposal site, and adhering to DOT and hazardous waste regulations. Assists with loading/unloading of drums and totes using pallets jacks and/or forklift.
At Clean Harbors, we are passionate about providing premier environmental, energy, and industrial services.
As a member of our safety conscious team, you will perform work that truly makes a difference – not only in people’s lives but also in protecting the planet. Change your life for the better and join our team today!
- Annual Average Pay: $85,000 - $95,000; top 20% of earners make $100k+ per year, top 5% of earners make $130K+
- Total pay is comprised of two parts based on the work performed:
- 46 CPM for all miles driven, approximately 2200 - 2700 miles per week
- $24.00 - $30.00 per hour for all non-driving work, including wait time, loading, unloading, etc.
- Additional Pay:
- Overtime available after 40 hours
- Per Diem for travel if using sleeper: $55.00 per day
- Sign-on Bonus: up to $7,500; paid out over 2 years
- Driver Referral Bonus: $6,000 paid over 6 months
- Paid weekly via direct deposit
Benefits & Perks
- Great company benefits, eligible the 1st of the month after 30 days:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long Term Disability Coverage
- 401(k) with 50% company match up to 6%; eligible after 90 days of service
- 8 Paid Company Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO): 2 weeks vacation, 1 week sick, 3 days PTO - 18 days total
- Paid Vacation: 2 weeks accrued
- Paid Training
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Orientation
- Wellness programs, including weight loss programs and fitness membership reimbursements
- Cell Phone
- Safety and Service Awards
- Access to a benefits hub with over 1,100 discounts available ranging from retail, travel, sporting goods, etc.
- No Slip Seating
Home Time, Route, & Schedule
- Home Time: Home weekly
- Scheule will vary
- Route: Western United States
- Level of Touch: Combination touch and no touch freight for van loads; Assists with loading/unloading of drums and totes using pallets jacks and/or forklift.
- Automatic or manual transmission
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Must have a valid Class A CDL
- 1 year verifiable previous OTR driving experience is preferred
- Must have Hazmat and Tanker endorsements or be willing to obtain upon hire
- Previous experience transporting hazardous waste is an asset
- Requires previous experience using handheld computer devices.
- Must be capable of driving extended periods of time, up to the maximum allowable times, safely, under a variety of conditions.
- Must have strong organizational and communications skills
- Must meet Department of Transportation (DOT) testing and physical requirements, be knowledgeable of and adhere to DOT and hazardous waste regulations
- Must be able to pass a required pre-employment drug screen and physical
- Hiring Radius: within 75 miles of Braintree, MA
This job search is being conducted by Drive My Way (www.drivemyway.com) on behalf of Company.
Driver Types Hired
- Company Driver
Equipment Types Hired
CDL Classes Accepted
- Class A
Expediting Experience Required?No, we do not require that applicants have expediting experience.
|Hire a driver who has had their license suspended or revoked:||No|
|Hire a driver with a DWI or DUI:||No|
More Driving Jobs at Clean Harbors
CDL A OTR Owner Operator Hiring Nationwide
As a Clean Harbors Owner Operator partner, you will be responsible for the safe transport of hazardo...
CDL A Regional Dry Van Driver in Louisville, KY
As a Clean Harbors professional driver, you will be responsible for picking up hazardous and non-haz...
CDL A Regional Roll Off Driver in Eagan, MN
As a Clean Harbors professional driver, you will drive and operate mainly Roll-Off Trucks and at tim...